eZ Components 2008.1beta1 released
|Date:||2008-05-27 11:04 UTC|
The eZ Components team just released the first beta version of the new 2008.1 release. This beta version implements the issues that were found during our review process. The beta version can be installed by running the following command:
pear upgrade ezc/ezcomponents
A full download of the release can be found on the download page.
This beta release will be followed by a Release Candidate on June 8th, unless major issues are uncovered during our code-review cycle.
The full list of changes since eZ Components 2007.1alpha2 follows below:
- Added the ezcBasePersistable interface that can be used to ensure that the object implementing this interface can be used with PersistentObject and Search.
- Changed the class name ezcDbSchemaNonUniqueIndexNameValidator to ezcDbSchemaUniqueIndexNameValidator.
- Changed ezcDbSchemaDbReader back to an interface, and created a common SQL reader class that implements the common methods.
- Moved ezcDbSchema*Reader/getReaderType() to the new common SQL reader class ezcDbSchemaCommonSqlReader.
- Created a common method ezcDbSchemaCommonSqlReader::processSchema() that iterates over all the tables and gathers information about them and their indexes.
- Removed ezcFeedCanNotParseException class, using ezcFeedParseErrorException instead.
- Changed protected methods and variables from processor classes to private.
- Changed get() and set() functions from ezcFeedProcessor into __get() and __set(), and added __isset().
- Added the registerFeed() and registerModule() functions to ezcFeed.
- Removed plural properties from ezcFeed (authors, categories, contributors, items, links).
- Added feed element types (person, category, link, image, etc) to specify different feed and module elements.
- Removed the method set() from ezcFeed and ezcFeedItem.
- Removed the class ezcFeedTools.
- Renamed ezcFeedItem to ezcFeedEntryElement.
- Added a feed type to the ezcFeed method generate() to specify the output feed type, and made the ezcFeed constructor feed type argument optional.
- The properties are stored in ezcFeed and are assigned in the same way without being dependent on the feed type.
- Changed the date_format() template function to only accept DateTime objects.
- Renamed the private ezcTranslation->callback_compile() and ezcTranslation->parameter_callback_compile() to ezcTranslation->callbackCompile() and ezcTranslation->parameterCallbackCompile().