Alpha releases for eZ Components: Authentication, Base, File, Mail and Url
|Date:||Tuesday 18 September 2007 11:52:13 am|
The eZ Components development team is pleased to announce new alpha versions of five existing components. Main new features are a more advanced OpenID implementation for the Authentication component and new authentication mechanisms for the the SMTP transport in Mail. Alpha versions of more components, including new ones such as Tree and WebDav will follow later.
The alpha versions are exclusively distributed through the PEAR installer. You can upgrade to the alpha versions by issuing the following commands:
pear upgrade ezc/Base-alpha pear upgrade ezc/File-alpha pear upgrade ezc/Authentication-alpha pear upgrade ezc/Mail-alpha pear upgrade ezc/Url-alpha
The full changelog of the 5 components follows:
- Implemented feature feature #10971: Added the possibility to fetch extra data during authentication for Database, LDAP, OpenID and TypeKey filters.
- Implemented feature feature #10997: Added support for OpenID check_immediate mode.
- Implemented feature feature #10998: Added a Database backend for OpenID authentication.
- Implemented feature feature #11001: Added multiple credentials support in the Group filter.
- Implemented feature feature #11006: Added the isValid() method in the ezcAuthenticationSession class which can be used to avoid creating the authentication filters if the credentials are already stored in the session.
- Fixed the OpenID filter so that it no longer converts dots to underscores in URLs.
- Added the ezcBaseFile class, which was moved from the File component.
- Added the ezcBaseFile::isAbsolutePath() method, which returns whether a path is absolute or relative.
- Moved the ezcFile class to Base/ezcBaseFile. That means that the ezcFile class is now deprecated. As this is the only class in this component, the whole component is now deprecated. Backwards compatibility is kept by making the ezcFile class extend ezcBaseFile - So long and thanks for all the fish.
- Implemented feature feature #8436: Added the method validateEmailAddress() in ezcMailTools.
- Implemented feature feature #10459: Added the searchMailbox() method to the IMAP transport. Based on a patch from Sinisa Dukaric.
- Implemented feature feature #10659: Added the getHierarchyDelimiter() method to the IMAP transport.
- Implemented feature feature #10996: Added support for the SMTP authentication methods DIGEST-MD5, CRAM-MD5, NTLM and LOGIN.
- Implemented feature feature #10999: Added the possibility to refer to messages by their unique IDs in IMAP.
- Implemented feature feature #11061: Added missing conditions for SMTP methods.
- Implemented feature feature #11299: Added an optional argument to the setHeader() method in ezcMailPart to assign a charset to a header.
- Added the fetchSizes() method in IMAP which returns the sizes of the specified messages.
- Implemented feature feature #10896: Allow aggregation of unordered parameter values if the parameter names appear more than once.
- Implemented feature feature #10897: Added the getParams() method in ezcUrl which fetches the unordered parameters as a flat array, useful for working with URLs without delimiters for parameter names.
- Implemented feature feature #11000: Added ability to include script name when building an URL through a buildUrl() parameter.
- Implemented feature feature #11296: added the function getCurrentUrl() to ezcUrlTools to build the current URL from the $_SERVER array or another array source.
- Fixed issue #11277: The dots in the query string parameter names are not converted to underscores.