If you want to help out with development, this section is for you. There are many ways you can help, including bug fixing and feature enhancements. Here you find further information about the various ways of contributing.
There are a few things to remember when you want to contribute code to the project:
- To add functionality the whole development process should be followed.
- All new functionality has to be documented.
- Contributors must grant us the right to include their contribution. When contributing code, please submit a CLA (Contributor Licensing Agreement) to eZ Systems.
- You have to keep backwards compatibility.
- eZ Systems has the final word on what goes into the code base or not.
In order to avoid misunderstandings, we suggest you have a look at the detailed development process first.
Bugfixes are of course always welcome. If you want to help out with bugs simply pick a bug and fix it in svn trunk (or the latest supported version with the problem). When you are done, add the patch as an attachment to the bugreport. If you are planning to solve bugs, or if you just want to avoid duplicate work or need some information, send an email to the relevant mailinglist first so we know what you want to do.
All developers of this project adhere to coding standards, which help to maintain a clean code base.
Development is hosted on a subversion (SVN) server where the source code is accessible.
You can directly contact the community of developers via email through the available mailinglists .